The success of every training course is based on the ability of the instructor to communicate with the student. The primary key is to know each student’s ability to grasp the material being presented is at a different level. That is why here at APSTA we acknowledged that challenge and have selected instructors with the ability to exceed any challenge. The instructors of APSTA have a combined experience of thirty – five years or more in law enforcement.
Michael S. Lamb
Michael S. Lamb spent four years in the U.S. Marine Corps where he was a military police and a M60/M1A Tank Gunner. He currently holds the position of Firearms Instructor and Range Master for the City of Montgomery. He has been employed by the city since 1994. Mr. Lambs’ educational background includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Active Shooter Instructor
- AR 15 Armorer
- Bicycle Instructor
- Defensive Vehicle Gunfighter School Level 1 and 2
- Executive Protection/Force Protection
- F.B.I. Firearms Instructor
- Glock Armorer
- Kinesic Interview Technique and Statement Analysis Technique
- M16 Firearms Instructor
- M60/M1A Tank School
- Military Police
- Montgomery Police Academy
- Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare
- OC Aerosol, Less Lethal Impact Munitions, Chemical Munitions and Distraction Devices Instructor
Richard O. “Ric” Payson, Jr.
Richard O. “Ric” Payson, Jr. has been employed by the Montgomery Police Department since 1991. Mr. Payson has spent the majority of his career in criminal investigation. He currently holds the position of department polygraph supervisor where he is responsible for conducting polygraph examinations. Ric is currently an Active Firearms Instructor and is also certified by the F.B.I. He is qualified to train in the following areas:
- Hostage negotiation
- Dignitary protection
- Property Investigation
- Persons Investigation
- Interviewing and interrogation
- Crime scene processing
- Crises Response
- Tactical Intervention
Mr. Payson continues to serve his country in the Alabama National Guard as a special agent with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigative Division and holds a current Top Secret clearance. Mr. Payson has been a part of the Alabama National Guard for twenty-four years.
Orlando Willis is a seventeen year veteran of the fire service, having served at all ranks from Firefighter to Chief.
Mr. Willis also served as the Chief of Training for 117ARW Military Fire Department for Birmingham as well as for Montgomery, Alabama and the Prattville Fire Departments. He was Shift Co FW. of 187th.
Mr. Willis has served with the Alabama Fire College as Adjunct instructor, where he was considered Airport Rescue Firefighter and ARFF. Mr. Willis is considered to be an expert in the subject matter of Public Safety. Mr. Willis developed and act as consultant for various areas in safety with one being that of the American Red Cross of Central Alabama.
Mr. Willis currently holds a position with Vice President of Public Safety Institute Training and Education Affiliate program services, online learning, curriculum development, online delivery and consultation with Fortis Institute, as an Allied Health Instructor in various medical subjects and medical clinical techniques and procedures.
Mr. Willis has certification and/or degrees in the following areas:
- Fire Science and EMS course Instructor
- Hazmat Instructor and Subject Matter Expert
- Policies and procedures development and implementation
- Codes and Standards with Inspection Division program development
- Advisor for Health and Safety Industrial Relations
- Emergency dispatch, Emergency response notification operating center design and development
- Medical Assistant ( Associate)
- Occupational Health and Safety (Bachelors)
- Emergency Management (Master)